Soap & Glory The Mask Force Five Gift Set - Review


Hi readers,

I've been gifted this lovely set for Christmas and I thought I would review the products for anybody interested. I'm in love with the soap and glory brand so I was pretty excited to try the set out. Although, the brand usually sell their products in extortionate prices I think the products have been worth the money. Soap and Glory usually have great deals around Christmas time with their gift sets. These gift sets differ in price, of course the more variety the bundle has the more it will cost. I've not used the face masks before or the under eye patch. I will write up my experience going through each product and let you know the impact in had on my face.

Important to note that currently I've got a lot of blackheads around my cheek/nose area and my pores are huge and clogged. It's also a bit dry especially around the nose area.

Product 1: Miracle moisture mask

Retail price at £3:50


I started it off with miracle moisture mask inevitably with my skin being so dry. Initially when I pulled it out I noticed how well saturated the mask was. The mask was separated into two sections: one for your upper face, and the second for the other half. The bottom half was fiddly to put on and it did not stay intact for the time that I kept it on. However, despite this I laid down and waited 30 mins. The mask had a nice smell and as soon as I took it off and started massaging the excess gel onto my face I noticed the difference. It was smoother and definitely more hydrated. The gel dried up instantly therefore it didn't feel like I had anything on my skin.


Product 2: Pore-refining sheet mask 

Retail price at £4.00

This mask had a strong smell of different flavours - lemon balm, tea tree, lavender and mint. I felt the effect as soon as I placed it on my face. The mask didn't my face properly as the sheet mask was quite big compared to my face, but this didn't stop my skin reacting to the mask. I kept it on for 20 minutes and I started to feel a tickle/burning sensation about 5 minutes in. It wasn't anything to worry about as the sensation didn't accelerate to the point where I wanted to take it off. After the 20 minutes was up I massaged the rest of the gel in, exactly the same routine as the prior mask. I checked closely in the mirror and most of my pores were barely visible. However, I still had the blackheads on my nose so it didn't completely vanish all the dirt. I'm still impressed with the end result though - it has given my face a fresh, smooth uplift with less pores visible. 

Product 3: De-clog mask

Retail price at £4.00


I think thus far this was my favourite mask. Another plus is there's two of them that come in little pots. It was easy to apply, I had loads left over too so I just applied more layers equally all around. The instructions recommended 15-20 waiting time, which I stuck to but I would recommend a bit longer as parts of my face won't dry enough. If you're impatient like me then I recommend using a hairdryer to dry the mask on your face. This was a peel off mask and peeling it off was quite simple. My face was smooth and definitely felt the effect on my pores. I didn't feel the need to moisturise after this mask as it felt moisturised already.

Product 4: Radiance-boosting mask

Retail price at £4.00


I applied this mask just before applying makeup. I didn't feel the need to apply foundation afterwards because I felt my face was exfoliated and healthy. I didn't want to ruin my pores by adding more to it. This mask felt extremely big compared to the others so it didn't fit my face properly, however, it did do the job. This mask was also the most fragrant, and it did sting my eye a little so avoid the eye area as much as you can. 

Product 5: Under-eye brightening mask

Retail price at £3.50


Last but not least, this will be your new best friend if you suffer from puffy eyes. If you're suffering an allergic reaction or have been crying, and don't want to make it obvious quickly cover up with this under eye mask. I will admit I had two red marks under my eyes for an hour after this under eye mask, so if you have sensitive skin then do be careful. Always make sure the ingredients involved aren't going to harm you in anyway. That would defeat the whole purpose. 


Overall rating: 4.3/5

I loved these products, and the results were fantastic. However, the price for each individual product is definitely a little overpriced and that is the reason why I didn't give it a 5. If you wanted the results to have a lasting effect, as much as focusing on your diet, you'd have to stock up frequently which can be very expensive in the long-run. There are cheaper face masks for £1 each stocked at Superdrug and Boots, although they don't do exfoliate your skin as much as the Soap and Glory products, consumers often will stick with the cheaper option. In terms of marketing, I think the products can definitely lower their prices. Conversely, the products have proven they obtain their aims, so some might say the prices are just right.

Thank you for reading, let me know what you thought about this post

Comments

Popular Posts