Oxford
Getting there
Wherever you're from you'll know and pinpoint Oxford straight away for holding one of the best universities in the world. I live in London and this was my first trip to Oxford. For those of you who don't know Oxford is only an hour away from London Paddington station which is where I took my train from. I had a friend who came onto this trip with me as she was eager to visit Oxford just as I was. My friend and I took the train in the late morning around 11:00am and all was going well till the train stopped at a track in the middle of a field. Then, it was announced that there were signalling problems and we had to wait a bit. This waiting took about 2 hours which meant our voyage to Oxford was shortened. I was a bit frustrated because the weather was brilliant and arriving later meant most things will be shutting down soon. When we arrived we grabbed a tourist guide handbook which circled the most popular places to visit e.g. university campuses. I wasn't fond of going places where the people were going to overpopulate the place as we didn't have much time. So we decided to use the map as a guide to explore on our own.
As soon as we left the station we headed towards the right because there seemed to be more things to do on that side. The streets were a bit busy with students, residents and people on their lunch break rushing to get to places. The first street was packed with cafes as you walked past you were hit by all types of smells. The weather was on our side that day as it was one of the warmest days in England so far. I had to make the most out of it and stay outdoors therefore, I avoided going into any coffee shops. which meant the night before I had to pack all the essentials. I was prepared with sun cream and enough water to get me through the day.
Museum of the History of Science
After walking for 10-20 minutes we came upon sight the first museum Museum of the History of Science. The museum has 3 accessible floors and be warned they ask you not to wear your backpack on your back to avoid hitting anything. There wasn't a ton of space to move around so we came at a good time where the museum was not packed. I'll be honest it wasn't the most exciting and interactive museum i've been to. I think someone with a bit more knowledge of science would've taken more interest. This didn't mean I couldn't indulge and educate myself a bit. The museum held collections of early specific instruments in the world's oldest surviving purpose-built museum building. It acts as a active public museum and a department of Oxford university. It was groping to see the bond between time and world history through renowned pieces like Einstein's blackboard.
Walking around the city
Do not worry if museums aren't your thing - Oxford's picturesque streets keep you entertained for hours. The high street which is located not too far from the station houses the main restaurants and stores. Oxford's also convenient if you're looking for somewhere to sit and relax as the city is surrounded with fields. On our mini break we stopped by the high street to grab food and within 15 minutes we were sat in a pretty field just behind a fancy campus building. The city isn't huge so most things you need will be nearby. It's true that this city is a lot more quiet compared to a place like London as the campus covers most of this city.

The trip coming to an end
Without realising time had passed so quickly and it was nearly time to catch our train. I was gutted a tiny bit because I felt like I hadn't done that much exploring. I'm determined to go back certainly and make a part 2 to this post as a lot of factors like my train being delayed caused issues. Also, if you're interested below is what I wore on this trip.
From head to toe: cream coloured beret from Topshop, pink tassel earrings from Topshop, choker from Claire's, polka dotted bardot top from Zara, lime coloured faux-leather skirt from Urban Outfitters and finally my Vans.
Thanks for reading,
make sure to leave a comment.












Comments
Post a Comment