Ralphonbury festival

I had the pleasure of attending Ralphonbury festival this year, which began in 2012 whilst Glastonbury festival was having its fallow year. The festival started by the Ralph family is free and aims to raise money for charity each year by having live performances on a field in Dorchester. I went alongside The Curious boys who performed for the audience at 9pm.
The festival which was family friendly till about 9pm became an adult rave at night. To our convenience, it didn't go past 2am. The toilets on the main campsite were very impressive and clean compared to the unhygienic toilets you get in other festivals. The camping site which is located in the field right beside the main field had one portable toilet which was useful when you needed the toilet overnight. The festival served drinks and food as usual at a cheap price. Although, be warned about limited options if you're vegetarian/vegan.
I had a very positive experience with the people. As this is a local festival held among the people that live around this location it was expected for most people to know each other. However, this wasn't necessarily a bad thing because we won't made to feel like strangers at any stage. I had a really lovely chat with a lady who applied glitter and some paint onto my face. Overall, all of us felt very welcomed and was worth the trouble getting there with a Zipcar. Here are some pictures from the event at night when it got a little hectic:
This only means one thing that festival season has started and if you're eager to start early next year I suggest Ralphonbury. It will not cost you a thing and although it's in the middle of nowhere it will be your chance to enjoy good music and an excuse to drink.
Thanks for reading,
make sure to leave a comment.






Comments
Post a Comment