Vegan restaurant - FED BY WATER
'I feel very healthy' was one sentence I said without a disgusted expression on my face just to point out if you're not too keen on the vegan diet.
I must start off by saying I'm not vegan nor have I ever been. This was my first experience at a vegan restaurant ordering anything vegan and I must admit I was not left disappointed. I've wanted to for a while give vegan food a try, but I've never known how to approach it as nobody I knew closely was vegan. So I went onto google and searched the inter-web to find the closest and cheapest option, Fed by water was the best option available so me and my boyfriend (who was first against the idea) booked a table.
Fed by water is located across from Dalston Kingsland railway station. FED which places priority into removing all impurities from tap water such as limescale, chlorine and bacteria created a menu to encourage cruelty-free, healthy living and tasty food. The menu which is essentially Italian had lasagne, spaghetti and 5 pizza's as a main(with the option of black or white pizza). There wasn't a lot to pick from but this didn't encourage to find elsewhere.
As a starter we went for the olive bowl which I must admit that alone was very filling. As a main I decided to go for the lasagne and my boyfriend went for the Diavola pizza. The lasagne which was homemade and organic was baked with soy ragu which made this lasagne taste a bit different if you're not used to soy. For the ragu there were strong flavours of tomato, celery, onions and carrots. The flavours worked very well considering that this was meat and dairy free. My lasagne also came with salad and thankfully not garlic bread as it becomes a bit too sickly for me. Overall, I preferred this vegan lasagne to the normal lasagne I have as i've never been huge on mince. If you're like me and not a big fan of mince then I recommend you try the lasagne.
The Diavola pizza which my boyfriend gave me a slice of had tomato sauce, homemade cashew 'mozellarini' cheese, spicy seltan, pistachios, marinated tofu, leccino olives, Italian extra virgin olive oil and chilli flakes. This was absolutely tasty and the seltan complimented the pizza well making it taste authentic. The cashew cheese, however, did let my boyfriend down as he's a massive cheese fan. I personally didn't have that much of a problem with it as I devoured to only taste how amazing the seltan was. It was spicy but the right amount of spicy to not ruin the taste of the pizza for me.
I went for an freshly squeezed orange juice along with my meal which was wholesome as expected.
Now diverting the attention to the clean water which FED most obviously is an advocate for. The water definitely didn't taste like ordinary tap water. However, it tasted similar to the water from my filtered water bottle which proves that they do remove the harmful chemicals. For anyone interested I use a bobble water bottle which is a reusable water bottle so you're not only helping the environment but drinking purified water. FED keeps the naturally occurring essential minerals like Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium unlike other filtration methods such as 'reverse osmosis'.
If you're vegan or not vegan definitely give this restaurant a try. They're doing so much good work for the environment :-)
make sure to leave a comment.








Comments
Post a Comment